Hotel Sidi Beach, having taken into account the instructions of the Ministry of Tourism for the implementation of the new Health Protocols in the country’s tourist accommodation industry due to Covid-19, proceeded with the preparation of an Action Plan and the development of a Plan for the Management of a Suspicious Case within the hotel.
The aim of the Action Plan is to prevent the occurrence and the effective management of suspicious cases in order to reduce the expansion of the virus to both the staff and the guests, always in accordance with the current guidelines of the National Public Health Organization (NPHO). The Action Plan complies with the recommendations of NPHO and will be revised according to the developments.
Together with the Action Plan and the Suspected Case Management Plan the hotel aims on one hand to protect the staff and its guests and on the other hand to guide its staff in taking the necessary measures so as to prevent and protect from Covid-19.
Guest records and Event book
– For the purposes of public health protection, the management keeps a record of staff members and all people staying at the hotel (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as an address, telephone, e-mail), so that it is possible to communicate with close contacts in the event of a COVID-19 case, which may be identified afterwards.
– There is the required care and security in the General Regulation on Personal Data Protection (GDPR) and all visitors and staff are informed that a record is kept for the protection of public health.
– Also, both the Guest record and the Event book are regularly updated.
Both the coordinator and the reception/cleaning manager have received training from the Ministry of Lifelong Learning – Region of Central Macedonia as well as additional educational material from the Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with NPHO, with knowledge testing in the form of quizzes, totalling 5 hours, as well as the special certification sign that the Health Protocols are in place.
Both the coordinator and the cleaning manager have been informed about the directive: “ESGLI Guidance for managing Legionella in building water systems during the COVID-19 pandemic” and followed the steps described in it.
The hotel staff strictly adheres to the basic protection measures against Covid-19. In particular, employees must practise good personal and respiratory hygiene practices:
– Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, definitely before and after contact with money or guest items, before meals, before and after work break, after a visit to the toilet and careful hand drying with disposable paper towels, which are thrown in waste bins. Alternatively, use alcohol-based antiseptics with at least 60% ethyl alcohol or 70% isopropyl alcohol.
– Covering the nose and mouth during coughing or sneezing with a tissue / alternatively if this is not available, cover the mouth with the inside part of the elbow.
– Disposal of paper towels or other personal hygiene items or tools used to disinfect work surfaces in a closed bin.
– Avoid handshakes and generally close physical contact, keeping a distance of at least one and a half to two meters from colleagues, guests or third parties in all workplaces, hotel rooms and rest areas.
– Avoid touching the front of the mask or face shield.
– Avoid touching their face with their hands (eyes, nose, mouth in particular).
– Inform the health supervisor in case of illness or symptoms compatible with Covid-19 or in case of contact with a possible or confirmed Covid-19 case and removal from the workplace.
– Staying at home in case of illness and informing the health supervisor.
– Return to the workplace only if the laboratory test is negative and 14 days after close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case.
Individual hygiene measures and Personal Protection Equipment
– Informing and encouraging staff and third parties to comply with good personal and respiratory hygiene practices.
– Provision of appropriate facilities and required materials to employees and installation of appropriate devices for hand antiseptic at the entrances/exits and in the public areas of the hotel.
– Providing staff with appropriate Personal Protection Equipment.
– Supervision of the adequacy of Personal Protection Equipment.
– Training of staff for the safe use of Personal Protection Equipment and supervision of their proper use.
– Informing and training staff on the Covid-19 suspected case management plan.
– Supervise the attendance of third parties (eg guests, associates, distributors, etc.) in the hotel area and inform them in order to avoid overcrowding, to ensure the observance of the required distances and to use the Personal Protection Equipment.
– Continuous updating of the staff on personal hygiene and preventive measures in all hotel areas.
– Training of the employees in the required actions in case of suspicious symptoms development, such as immediately informing the health supervisor and the Administration for the prevention of Covid-19 spread and the expected isolation.
– Disposal of media used to disinfect work surfaces in a closed bin.
– The staff takes the necessary hygiene measures (handwashing), keeps a distance of at least one meter from the customers (avoid handshakes, etc.) and follows the rules of hygiene.
– When requested, there is a possibility of:
* Informing visitors about the policy of the hotel and the measures it has taken to deal with any incidents
* providing useful information for health care providers, public and private hospitals, reference hospitals for Covid-19 and pharmacies in the area and
* providing Personal Protection Equipment.
– Special equipment (medical kit) for the occurrence of an incident, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
– The staff can recognize symptoms and report them directly to the health supervisor.
– There is an antiseptic for use by the guests at the reception desk.
– Regular disinfection of the reception surfaces.
– An appropriate configuration of the reception, addition of floor marking at a distance of two meters where the guests will stand, proper marking of distances in the waiting area, proper arrangement of furniture and proper management of people waiting to be served in order to reduce waiting time and keep the safety distance.
– Avoid overcrowding during check-in / check-out.
– Deposit of credit cards in a special box for use by the receptionist. – Provide antiseptic for disinfection after use.
– Electronic payment of hotel expenses, electronic sending of bills, invoices and receipts.
– Disinfection of key.
– Expansion of the period between check-in and check-out. Check-out until 11:00 a.m. and check-in from 15:00 pm. During the time between each check-in and check-out of different guests, the room is cleaned, thoroughly disinfected and adequate natural ventilation of the room is followed.
– The cleaning staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
-Use of certified biocide liquids for the safest work of the staff and the stay of the guests.
– When using disinfectants, the room is well ventilated.
– Sanitary services are strengthened in all public areas, especially in “high risk” facilities.
– Thorough cleaning and very good room ventilation are applied during the hours between stays.
– The adequacy of Personal Protection personnel equipment (gloves, masks, robe, closed shoes, etc.) is checked.
– There is discreet monitoring by the management of guests with symptoms that require attention.
– No regular room cleaning during the stay (in order for the cleaning staff to avoid contact with a possible case and further spread).
– The daily change of sheets and towels is abolished. The guest is served only upon request.
– For departures, meticulous disinfection is applied to the disputed areas of the room and bathroom.
– Decorative objects (pillows, bedding, etc.) are removed.
– Commonly used multi-purpose items such as menus, magazines, etc. are removed.
– Daily opening doors and windows for natural ventilation of the hotel.
– The guest is informed about when and how the room was cleaned.
In public areas (including the reception, indoor and outdoor seating, etc) the following measures apply:
– Good ventilation of public areas.
– Placement of hand antiseptics (fixed or non-fixed devices) at the entrance and recommendation for their use when a guest enters or exits the hotel.
– Marking to remind guests to keep the safety distance.
– Removal of decorative objects and common objects of multiple-use.
– Cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces.
– Marking in the toilets for the guests to flush with the toilet lid closed in order to limit the virus spread by air.
Air conditioning and room ventilation
– Avoid air recirculation.
– Ensure adequate ventilation of all areas with fresh air.
– Split units are put out of operation where possible or when this is not possible they are put into continuous operation 24/7 with parallel operation of natural ventilation.
– The replacement of filters for KKM and household units (split units) is done according to the planned maintenance and the work will be performed using and taking all protective measures (personal protection equipment, space ventilation, safe collection of filters that are replaced) including respiratory protection.
Environmental measures to reduce the spread of the virus include:
– Adequate ventilation of workplaces and regular maintenance of ventilation – air conditioning systems.
– Regular cleaning with detergents or disinfectants of all workplace surfaces, public areas, and work equipment.
– Disinfection, according to the instructions of NPHO, of areas where a possible or confirmed case of Covid-19 has been identified.
– Provision and installation of covered waste bins, where disposable Personal Protection Equipment or other means used to disinfect work surfaces, as well as personal hygiene items, shall be disposed of immediately after use.
– Frequent cleaning of work clothes and of the usual personal protection equipment provided, as well as their safe storage.
Covid-19 Suspicious Case Management Plan
If a visitor meets the Covid-19 case definition criteria, the following apply:
– The health supervisor of the hotel communicates directly with NPHO to declare the suspicious case and to receive instructions on how to deal with it.
– It is recommended that the person suspected for Covid-19 to remain in their room with the door closed.
– To a patient who has symptoms of a respiratory infection (cough, sneezing, runny nose), a simple surgical mask and tissues are given immediately.
– If the patient has a companion who wishes to stay close and take care of them, the companion is given a simple surgical mask and is advised to wash their hands every time they come in contact with the patient’s secretions and definitely before the companion touches their face, eats or drinks.
– Avoid entering the patient’s room if there is no significant reason. If necessary, a member of the hotel staff deals exclusively with a suspicious case.
– Used protection equipment is discarded in a covered trash can and is not reused.
– After discarding the protection equipment, handwashing follows.
– The Management ensures that the hotel staff has immediate access to adequate consumables to prevent infections: soap and water or alcohol-based hand cleaning antiseptic solution, tissues, simple surgical masks, disposable gloves, thermometers, garbage bags and surface cleaning liquids.
– Cleaning and disinfection of a patient’s room
– A good cleaning of surfaces often touched by the patient, especially if the surfaces are soiled with biological fluids.
– The cleaning staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
– After removing the gloves, a good hand wash follows.
– The fabric surfaces are cleaned with steam cleaner (temperature> 70.).
If an employee shows symptoms, the following apply:
– The health supervisor of the hotel communicates directly with NPHO to declare the suspected case and to receive instructions on how to deal with it.
– It is recommended for the suspicious case to remain in a specific area with the door closed.
– To a patient who has symptoms of a respiratory infection, a simple surgical mask and tissues are given immediately.
– An investigation is being carried out for possible exposure of other employees or guests and it is requested that they follow the instructions of NPHO.
– All surfaces are disinfected with emphasis on workplaces and equipment used by the symptomatic person,
Studios & Apartments Blueprint